Critical Illness Coverage

Do you have 6 - 9 months of $$ needed to cover expenses or unexpected costs if you were to suffer from a critical condition?

"Peace of Mind" during stressful times is worth it!
Taking a Year off work to recover fully is worth it!
Knowing your family is not at risk is worth it!

What are the Benefits of owning a plan like this?

Protect your Future with up to $100,000 lump sum Benefit!

Approval based on Health Questionarre

No Medical exam needed.
Underwritten in head office.
Standard & Preferred Rates Available

Return of Premium upon Death included!

When you have owned the policy for 10 years or more and die from some other cause than one of the covered conditions, all premiums paid are returned to your Beneficiary.

3 Conditions (Cancer)

In case your concern is "Cancer only" or you do not medically qualify for our 21 condition Critical Illness coverage. Select the Plan that is right for you!

Own this policy for your entire life

Unlike, Group Insurance, you "own" this policy for your entire life.

Best Doctors Services included!

Be supported with a team of specialists who can help you navigate the health care system, get diagnosed and treated.

Premiums cannot be increased

Your premium cannot be cancelled or increased due to the number of claims you make.

Pays Day 1

Pays 10% of your Lump Sum benefit when Diagnosed with one of the covered conditions

Survival period of 14 days

Once diagnosed, the remainder (90%) of the Benefit total is paid after 14 day survival period. That is unheard of in the industry!

Choose from $10,000 to $100,000 benefit.

Tax free benefits are paid starting the very first day of your accident, with no waiting periods.


Most frequent questions and answers

You can own an individual policy between the ages of 18 and 70 years old.   

You must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant who maintains a permanent residence in Canada. You must read and speak English or French, and  be between 18 years and 70 years.

You can own this policy for your lifetime – the policy terminates once the benefit has been paid out for a covered condition.

After the policy has been in force for 10 consecutive years, and the insured dies from a cause other than one of the covered conditions – all premiums paid will be returned to the Beneficiary.

Best Doctors brings together the best medical minds in the world to help you get the right diagnosis, treatment and information when you’re facing any type or degree of medical uncertainty.
Best Doctors will help you:
• Get the right diagnosis, treatment and information;
• Obtain an expert opinion;
• Find a specialist within or outside Canada;
• Navigate the health care system;
• Understand your medical condition.
One call to Best Doctors and a Member Advocate, a Registered Nurse, becomes
your personal health ambassador, reaching out to the medical community on your
behalf and in complement of the care you receive from your own physician.

Our Living Benefit Critical Illness Protector policy will pay you for loss due to one of the following covered conditions:
1. Life-threatening cancer
2. Carcinoma-in-situ*
3. Stage A prostate cancer*
4. Aortic Surgery
5. Aplastic Anemia
6. Blindness
7. Benign brain tumour
8. Coma
9. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery
10. Deafness

11. Dismemberment

12. Heart attack 

13. Heart valve replacement

14. Kidney failure

15. Loss of speech 

16. Major organ transplant**

17. Occupational HIV

18. Paralysis

19. Severe burns

20. Stroke 

21. Traumatic Head Injury


*As you can see above, we even cover for two non-life threatening cancers up to
25% of your chosen face amount.

If you are diagnosed with another covered condition in the future, we will pay the
remaining 75% of your chosen face amount, provided you survive by the period
outlined in your policy.

After Full Benefits Are Paid For A Covered Loss, Your Policy Terminates.

10% of Policy Benefit is paid Day 1 of Diagnosis and remaining 90% is paid after 14 day survival. 

You can chose 3 Cancers – 18 conditions not including Cancer or 21 Conditions

Benefits range from 10,000, 15,000 25,000 50,000 or 100,000. 

Premiums are based on the benefit selected at time of application, age of client as well as your Health situation.  Preferred rates are available for those who are in good health.

Pre authorized withdrawal from a checking account is set up during the application process for the initial premium which comes out within 3 – 5 days of application submission.  Once the underwriting department has completed their review of the application it is issued, if there are any changes to the premium, you will be notified in writing and need to approve any changes.  If application is declined, your initial Premium is returned to you.

We are here to support you for the lifetime of you owning policies with us!